Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hold me over to dinner shake

Working from home offers me the opportunity to snack all day. My "office"/dining room is right next to the kitchen and it's so easy to just go there and munch all day. I don't really eat lunch (I know I should) but the longer I spend in the kitchen feasting, the less time I am working. I usually try to make myself something light for lunch that's fast and then I make myself this shake. It's pretty filling and super fat to make. It definitely holds me over until dinner time.


I leave this shake a little bit chunky so the chewing action tricks me to feel fuller as well (at least I trick myself to believe so!)


So here is my recipe for a pineapple strawberry vanilla smoothie!


 Pineapple Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
1 cup of 2% milk (or any kind you prefer)
1/4 cup pineapple
1/4 cup strawberries (I had some I froze earlier)
1/2 tsp of flaxseed
1 Scoop Shaklee Cinch vanilla

Add all of your ingredients together in blender. I have this fancy shmancy single serve blender thing I like to use. It's like those magic bullet blenders. I blend it just until everything looks nice and mixed together... About 20 seconds. I like my shakes chunky because again, I like to chew my drinks! I love lots o'pulp OJ for this very same reason but never get it because it grosses out everyone else in my family! But I digress.





  




This is pretty much it for my pineapple strawberry vanilla hold me over smoothie. Hope you have a wonderful day!!!






2 comments:

  1. I am so bad about grabbing something super quick for myself to eat so I can get back to typing! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. working from home is not always that easy... i sometimes sit and look around at all the other stuff i have to do but have to put off to make some money! :)

    ReplyDelete